In as little as 48 hours, mold can spread throughout a home or business causing health problems and expensive damage to its occupants. While mold is harmful to everyone, it can be especially harmful to individuals who suffer from allergies or respiratory problems. Mold grows and multiplies in warm, humid areas which can be found in several different places around a home or business. Luckily for our customers, we use advanced technologies
- Mold can spread relatively easily, so it’s important to try and avoid direct contact with the area of mold, or the area where you believe the mold is, unless it’s absolutely necessary.
- We advise against it, but, if you’re going to handle any objects or materials that contain mold, you should wear rubber gloves, protective clothing, and a mask. (Be sure to dispose properly of the gloves, protective clothing and mask after you’re finished.)
- Don’t sleep in a room that has mold. If your room has mold, you should find somewhere else to stay until the mold has been completely removed.
Helpful Mold Tips
- Stay out of all areas that are affected by mold.
- Contact Americon immediately for black mold removal and remediation services.
- Turn off the HVAC system and any fans, as this can spread mold around into other areas.
- Do not attempt to clean areas affected by mold with bleach or other household cleaners, as none of these items will kill the mold.
- Do not attempt to vacuum the mold, as it will continue to spread the mold around.
- In situations where there is extensive mold, you should consider moving out for the time being. You’ll want to review your insurance policy to check for emergency housing provisions.
Is your residential, commercial, or industrial property experiencing mold damage in the Cleveland and Northeast Ohio area? Americon Restoration is here to help! Contact us through our website or call us today at (216) 221-5200!